Tuesday 6 April 2021

Welcome to Rana’s Homely Houses!

 

Welcome to Rana’s Homely Houses!

 “…’a perfect house, whether you like food or sleep or story-telling or singing, or just sitting and thinking best, or a pleasant mixture of them all.' Merely to be there was a cure for weariness, fear, and sadness.” 
- a Bilbo quote retold by Frodo whilst in Rivendell, “Many Meetings” (Book 2, Chapter 1), The Fellowship of the Rings. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien.

If there is one aspect of LOTRO that I love the most (and there are many aspects), I would say housing is up there somewhere at the top, sharing space with social events and player community, as well as lore.

As a gesture of friendship to the players of Laurelin, the LOTRO server I am based on, I welcome you to visit and enjoy the various houses I own. Please make yourselves at home, for these are places of rest and also of action – whether it is crafting you need or one of my event days, the door is always unlocked.

Some houses have ingredient crates (normal and VIP) which you are free to pick up your daily Universal Ingredient packs (3 for normal, 6 for premium). There is also a bee hive which gives you honey. Some housing items are clickable, some may take you on an adventure – at your own risk!

If you wish to use one of the spaces for your own events, I am happy to accommodate but please let me know beforehand, just in case I have plans of my own for the day you need. Some of the houses have rotating decorations, used for the different events I run. I can also work with creative players to make a set up suitable to their needs as well.

You will note from the list below, I am still undecided about getting Rohan housing. Perhaps this year? I also have one personal kin currently “maturing” for a final event house, owned by Ronalde of the Notion Club, and will have a “Resting places of the Old Kings of Arnor” theme.

Please click the house images below to enlarge them. I have excluded one house because currently I have not run an event there and unless you don't mind surprises and visit on your own accord, I will avoid spoilers.

I highly recommend the following websites for information about housing. Festivals and reputation vendors have some wonderful items!

FALATHLORN HOMESTEADS: Nan-e-Faer 

“House of Peace and Knowledge”
2 Twinfall Path, Nan-e-Faer [DELUXE HOUSE]

This was my first house, belonging to Rana.
Theme: The house is set up for an event I ran in January, “Lacho calad Drego morn” for Holocaust Memorial Day.


“Hall of Craft”
2 Waterbank Road, Nan-e-Faer [KIN HOUSE]

Personal kin – Erutaron
Theme: This is my main crafting house, all crafting stations are here as well as the two Ingredient crates. You are welcome to use!

“Last Homely House south of the theatre”
7 Haven Way, Nan-e-Faer [DELUXE HOUSE]

This is the personal house owned by my second account, Tinnutuor is the house owner.
Theme: The idea behind this place is that is was the meeting place of my alts as they formed a “fellowship” and a house was built around the rock they sat on as they talked. This house is the meeting place for events at 8 Haven Way.


“Hall of Many Plays”
8 Haven Way, Nan-e-Faer [KIN HOUSE]

Personal kin – Yggdrasil
Theme: This is my main event house. There are rotating events here such as “The Tale of the Trollshaws Squirrel” and many others. More plays are planned for this year at this house.


THORIN’S HALLS HOMESTEADS: Heorheim


“Hall of Shields”
5 Roaring Road, Heorheim, Thorin’s Halls Homesteads [KIN HOUSE]               

Personal kin - Atop the Dark Drey of Ratatoskr
Theme: This is my Yule house, set in the snowy part of Thorin’s Halls Homesteads. I hosted the annual New Years Eve party from here in 2020/2021.
Note: Bedding changed regularly due to some unexpected RP, thanks Roth!


SHIRE HOMESTEADS: Owlborings

“A hall is dark and full of terrors”                          
5 Harrow Road, Owlborings, Shire Homesteads              

Personal kin – Athene Noctua
Theme: This is my newly refurbished “House of Horror.” I am hoping to run an event around Walpurgis Nacht and also Halloween – spooky storytelling in an eerie environment.
Nearby is a NPC who adds to the atmosphere - Dark Runner says, ''It is true, I am the terror of the night!''


GONDOR: Cugumar

“House of Elves and Dwarves”
4 Bay Road, Cugumar, Belfalas Homesteads 

Theme: The two Premium Gondor houses I own are race themed, this one belonging to Rana is focused on Elf and Dwarf furniture and I’ve tried to create a “Little Moria” inside for the Dwarven part.


“Home of Hobbits and Men”
3 Bay Road, Cugumar, Belfalas Homesteads.

Theme: The second of two Premium houses, this one owned by Heimdalli  and themed on the Hobbit and race of Men. There is a fishing room (still need the fish pond), a bird display and a “Second Breakfast” feasting hall.


“Island of Lost Plays”
Tol Lochul, Cugumar, Belfalas Homesteads

Personal kin - The Deep Roots of Yggdrasil
Theme: This is my big event island, themed around a Winter Fayre event I trialled in December 2020 and hope to expand in 2021. Information about the Island and the Winter Fayre can be found here and here (including a map of the island setup). The house has all crafting stations and the ingredient crates, as well as a Training Room with a training dummy. Players and kins are welcome to make use of this space for their own events, just contact me on Ranatuor for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment